[GRLUG] Bluetooth Serial Linux

Colin Vallance grlug at tankrip.com
Fri Dec 5 11:18:20 EST 2008

I've found myself in a place where I have several Linux devices that I
occasionally need a serial connection to but no longer have a portable
device with a DB9.  I know there are usb->serial devices out there
that are much cheaper but that again requires a dongle connection and
drivers for each OS I could be coming from (OS X, Linux, Windows).
I'm considering just going with a bluetooth->serial that would be
driverless (for the most part) and would keep my somewhat cable free.
Does anyone have any experience with these and/or any pro/con
analysis?  Here is the little guy I'm looking at:

http://www.lemosint.com/bluetooth/bluetooth_lm048_adapter_details.php