[GRLUG] FYI Linux Red Flag News Release

Collin Kidder adderd at kkmfg.com
Thu Dec 4 16:41:18 EST 2008

Brad De Vries wrote:
> Tim, I hate the idea of getting into a big flame war about which
> country is best or worst but I do have two questions for you regarding
> your post above:
>
> 1) Are you implying that the US is as bad as China in the area of both
> human and corporate rights oppression?
> "Certainly China is no human rights champion, but then, neither are we."
> "Pot, kettle.  Kettle, pot."
>
> 2) Have you considered relinquishing your US citizenship and becoming
> a citizen of China?
>
> Brad.

I don't think that he need imply that we're as bad. The fact that we
even register on the radar is bad enough. Our track record is nowhere
near spotless. The Patriot act and other highlights have proven that our
government is more than willing to step on us. There is no excuse for
that. But it doesn't necessarily mean that we're as bad as China. We aren't.