[GRLUG] Recovering files

Collin Kidder adderd at kkmfg.com
Thu Aug 21 14:26:11 EDT 2008

Well, best of luck. Depending on what exactly happened you might get
something or you might not. Flash uses destructive erase. It actually
zaps entire blocks at a time to reprogram. So if the blocks were zapped
then only God himself knows what they used to be. It's not like a hard
drive where maybe you can get some left over bits. If something is
written to an area it's first totally erased and then reprogrammed. So,
I hope for your sake, that you have written nothing to the drive since
then. You might be saved by the write leveling algorithms though.