[GRLUG] anyone else seeing crazy speeds from Comcast?

john-thomas richards jtr at jrichards.org
Sat Aug 9 16:14:44 EDT 2008

On Sat, Aug 09, 2008 at 01:39:41PM -0400, Topher wrote:
> Greg Folkert wrote:
>
> > I typically have 30-70 ssh sessions open. When the "reset" the DOCSIS
> > equipment, all of my session just stop responding and I have to wait for
> > timeouts to properly end the sessions.
> >
> > This has happened as often as once every 10 minutes, to 3 days between
> > issues. But it always happens sooner or later.
> >
> > But yes, I am getting very good speeds, I just wish my SSH sessions
> > wouldn't just DROP.
>
> That's whacky.  I don't ever have nearly the connections you have, but
> often when I'm working I'll have 2-3 ssh sessions open for 3-4 hours at
> a time.  I don't know that I've ever been knocked off by Comcast.

Wow.  When I read Greg's message, my mind must have reduced those
numbers automatically.  I read "3-7"...*70* connections?  Wow.
Just....wow.  :-)  I can only assume these connections all have
different passwords, which makes me wonder if his monitor is covered
with several dozen sticky notes.  ;-)
--
john-thomas
------