[GRLUG] anyone else seeing crazy speeds from Comcast?

Rich Nagel networkman at triton.net
Sat Aug 9 14:29:05 EDT 2008

----- Original Message -----
> My only real problem with Comcast now, is not LAG. LAG is very minimal
> now a day. My problem is them severing network sessions I have on a
> regular basis.
>
> I typically have 30-70 ssh sessions open. When the "reset" the DOCSIS
> equipment, all of my session just stop responding and I have to wait for
> timeouts to properly end the sessions.
>
> This has happened as often as once every 10 minutes, to 3 days between
> issues. But it always happens sooner or later.
>
> greg at gregfolkert.net

There have been issues associated with Comcast in regard to their use of
traffic shaping software on their network, to frustrate or restrict certain
types of traffic, primarily BitTorrents.  Comcasts claims that is is only
"delaying" said traffic, and not just aborting it.

More info can be found at the following link:

http://www.dslreports.com/shownews/88591

Regards,
Rich