[GRLUG] anyone else seeing crazy speeds from Comcast?

Rich Nagel networkman at triton.net
Sat Aug 9 10:35:01 EDT 2008

Since I have AT&T's 6mb DSL, I can't comment on what Comcast may be
currently doing.  But I too have been getting a bunch of advertising about
AT&Ts "U-Verse" but it's still not available in my area. :(

As for Comcast, I had them years ago, but had to ditch it, because latency
was such a problem.  Web-surfing and downloads may be fine with a latency of
300 to 500 ms, but trying to VPN into the office for on-call support is not!

Rich