[GRLUG] GRLUG meeting topic discussion

Adam Tauno Williams adamtaunowilliams at gmail.com
Fri Aug 1 12:16:01 EDT 2008

On Fri, 2008-08-01 at 11:24 -0400, Michael Mol wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 1, 2008 at 10:51 AM,  <rh90p at comcast.net> wrote:
> > I have a strong interest in Agile Software development and therefore I would like to learn how to be able to collaborate across the net.  My laptop has a built in camera, and if it didn't there are those little USB things, and ports to plug in a head set so I would like to stream audio and video and share my desktop with a specific individual so that we could 'pair' program.
> VNC and voice chat is probably more appropriate; IME, when you're team
> coding, you're looking at code, not each other.

All the collaborative coding I've done has been using XMPP;  most other
tools end up being more in the way than they help.  I've used Ekiga a
few times,  but always found that coding while someone is talking at you
isn't very comfortable/productive.

The only thing I've ever missed is some kind of whiteboard and the
ability to automatically log my chat logs into the project repository or
related groupware server.