[GRLUG] GRLUG meeting topic discussion

Tim Schmidt timschmidt at gmail.com
Fri Aug 1 10:35:45 EDT 2008

On Fri, Aug 1, 2008 at 9:39 AM, Casey DuBois <casey at grlug.org> wrote:
> Thank You Tim,
> This would be great however the tapes are at home in Jenison.
> I would also be VERY interested in the FOSS software you use for
> recording and editing video/audio.

To get video off our DV camera, I use dvgrab exclusively.  It
generally then gets processed with Kino and Avidemux.

We've also got a digital still camera that takes video in MJPEG
format, and a digital video camera that takes video on internal flash
in MPEG4 format.  Those skip Kino and go straight to Avidemux.

If any of them need more comprehensive work, I've had great success
with Kdenlive.

> Could we meet up next week?

Certainly.  Just let me know when.

--tim