[GRLUG] Email overload

Don Wood dond at standalelumber.com
Wed Apr 30 15:52:27 EDT 2008

There are alot more bots now and once they cull your and everyone else's
address book on your network it's all over but the crying. I had a
rootkit mailbot on a windows machine here a couple months ago and a
faulty firewall rule that wasn't blocking outgoing smtp traffic except
from our email server. The amount of connections was pretty amazing and
I still get rejection mail from time to time.

-
Don Wood
IT Admin
Standale Lumber