[GRLUG] Email overload

Collin adderd at kkmfg.com
Wed Apr 30 15:37:14 EDT 2008

This is sort of off topic but sort of on topic...

I'm getting hundreds upon hundreds of bounce messages from all over the
world today. Someone used our email domain as the sender address for not
so nice emails (they didn't use our server they just claim to be us).
Normally it isn't bad but today is terrible. Anyone else getting this?
If it's on going what's the best course of action? ignore it? Use a mail
filter to trashcan it (though legit bounce messages would be lost too)?

I've tried sending this message to the list many times. My other posts
show up but nothing on this topic... Maybe it was previously that I put
in the word for fake canned meat or put in an example email address...
Whatever is doing it ITS ANNOYING.