[GRLUG] Hostile Attitudes

Benjamin Flanders flanderb at gmail.com
Wed Apr 30 14:06:35 EDT 2008

It is true that the hostilities started with the Prof.  I am not sure
exactly what he/she was trying to put forth with the whole "oh shadda
up!" business.  Was he trying to be funny, insulting ...  I don't
know.  I don't think he/she is a native english speaker.

I don't think, however, that responding in kind is appropriate.

If he insulted you then stop helping him and delete the e-mail.

On Wed, Apr 30, 2008 at 1:51 PM, Collin <adderd at kkmfg.com> wrote:
> Collin wrote:
>  > I think that you may be suffering from temporary blindness. I thought
>  > that people's attitudes towards the original poster seemed somewhat sour
>  > from the get go. Yes, he escalated the situation even worse thereafter.
>  > But it started with smart alec comments from pro-linux people first. He
>  > asked a legitimate question which could have been answered simply
>  > enough. It should have made people feel good that the original poster
>  > trusted the technical expertise of the people on this list. I guess
>  > he'll think twice on that theory from now on...
>  > grlug mailing list
>  > grlug at grlug.org
>  >

>  Sheesh... I should learn to read before I post... It does seem like Tim
>  is right and largely the discussion wasn't hostile until the original
>  poster got lippy... Sorry Tim.

Share and Enjoy
Ben