[GRLUG] CAT5 Cables

Adam M. Erickson erickson.adam.m at gmail.com
Wed Apr 30 08:56:36 EDT 2008

I appologies if righting about cables on a LUG sight is upsetting
anyone, I just have to inform anyone who might not know.

Cat5 Crimper $20, Cat5 Ends $7,  500' Cat5 Cable $50, - If you
purchased these at Lowe's you could always make it yourself.

It is a good investment:

 1. If a end breaks you just have to crimp on another end.
 2. Make the exact length that you need.
 3. Could you find a crossover cable on the weekends?
 4. Make a cabling for your friends and family, or just the people you
really care about.
 5. Lowe's is open on the weekends.
 5. "Save Money"

Same amount of supplies and tools would cost $400 dollars for a kit at
Best Buy and $700+ at best buy for prepared lengths that = 500'.
Stores sell there cables for $17-$30 for about 20' of cable. It cost
the same stores $2 to bring it in.

Also thank you for the links from the last meeting Casey the Software
Wars is funny and also  truthfully scary. Apache and Firefox have
gained a lot of ground since 2006 but MS still is threating any open
standards that they can.

Adam M. Erickson
Erickson.Adam.M at gmail.com
231-728-8810