[GRLUG] An Open Discussion of Open Source: How FREE Software Can Help Your Business

Casey DuBois cdubois at n-vint.com
Tue Apr 8 15:34:21 EDT 2008

Hello GRLUG,

I thought this meeting would be of interest.

aimWest April Meeting

TOPIC:
An Open Discussion of Open Source: How FREE Software Can Help Your Business

How can free software impact your bottom line? What does "free" really mean? Explore the myths and realities of open-source software in our interactive panel discussion.

Panelists will discuss the open-source software movement and how it affects businesses in every industry. We will address the opportunities and caveats of working with these free tools, and explore some of the options to select and implement these tools.

Most importantly, we want to answer your questions! This will be an audience-led discussion, so please come prepared with your own open-source queries.

The event is free for aimWest members.  $20 for non-members (cash or check).  If you would like to register for this event, click here<mailto:meetings at aimwest.org?body=Please%20include%20name%20and%20company%20affiliation%20below...&subject=Registration%20for%20May%2030th%202008%20aimWest%20Event%20-%20Open%20Source%20Discussion>.

Date and Time:
Wednesday April 30th
Networking @ 5:30 PM
Panel Discussion @ 6:30 PM

Location:
Eberhard Center, GVSU
301 Fulton St W
Grand Rapids, MI 49504

More Details:
http://www.aimwest.org/events/index.htm

Sincerely,
Casey M. DuBois
N-VINT, Inc.
3240 Hanna Lake Industrial Park Dr. SE, Caledonia, MI 49316
616-656-5500 Office
866-337-2686 Direct
AOL IM: CaseyNVINT
cdubois at n-vint.com<mailto:cdubois at n-vint.com>

"Real men don't use backups, they post their stuff on a public ftp server and let the rest of the world make copies."
- Linus Torvalds

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This message may contain confidential information that is protected under state and/or federal law. If you received this message in error, please notify the sender by fax or email and delete this message. Please note that e-mails are susceptible to change and we shall not be responsible or liable for the proper and complete transmission of the information contained in this e-mail, any delay in its receipt or damage to your systems. We do not guarantee that the integrity of this e-mail has been maintained or that this e-mail is free of viruses, interception or interference. If you properly received this message, you may use its contents only in strict accordance with our instructions, please do not disseminate without permission of the author. If any person makes a false or misleading representation to obtain customer information, that person may have committed a federal crime, and we may report that person to the proper authorities.