[GRLUG] editing then Burning DVD

Benjamin Flanders flanderb at gmail.com
Tue Sep 25 19:16:46 EDT 2007

I think I found the issue with avidemux here :
http://avidemux.org/admWiki/index.php?title=Editing_MPEG_capture_(DVB_or_IVTV)

This explains that transmission errors are the reason for the audio
drift.  I am going to try this projectx  later to try to fix the
issues and I''l report the success/failure.

On 9/25/07, Ron Lauzon <rlauzon at gmail.com> wrote:
> Benjamin Flanders wrote:
> > Thank you Ron.  Tovid looks like an easy way to create DVD's from
> > videos.  Interesting that while it is a command line program, it seems
> > that it is easier to use than the GUI programs I was trying to use.
> > This should solve my creating DVD's issues.
> >

> It comes with a tovid-batch that lets you convert bunches of videos.  I
> had about 30 small videos from my event.  I just did a
>
> batch-tovid -dvd -infiles *.avi
>
> and go off and got lunch.
>
> > Now the issue of editing the .mpg files.  Anyone have luck chopping up
> > a video.  What programs did you use.
> >

> For that, I normally have them in avi format in the first place.  I use
> avisplit to break them up and avimerge to put them back together.  It's
> a fairly quick and simple way to remove parts I don't want and put it
> back together the way I want.
>

> --
> Ron Lauzon - rlauzon at acm dot org
>    Homepage: http://7lauzon.home.comcast.net/
>    Weblog: http://ronsapartment.blogspot.com/
>
>    DNRC: Lord of All Things That Are Fattening
>
>    "To be sure, conservative radio talk show hosts have a built-in
>    audience unavailable to liberals: People driving cars to some
>    sort of job." - Ann Coulter
>
> Microsoft Free since July 06, 2001
> Running Mandriva Linux 2007

Share and Enjoy