[GRLUG] Updating to Feisty Fawn

Ben Rousch brousch at gmail.com
Tue Oct 9 13:36:42 EDT 2007

Since Dapper (I believe) the recommended upgrade procedure is to use the
update-manager rather than changing the repo sources. I remember doing the
Dapper-Edgy upgrade by changing the repos, and although I did get it to work
after a few hours of futzing around, there were quite a few bumps in the
road. The big change I had trouble with was the replacement of the good old
System-V init with Upstart <http://upstart.ubuntu.com/>.