[GRLUG] ATI drivers Linux x86_64 distros

eah darth_linux at ameritech.net
Thu Oct 4 18:10:36 EDT 2007

Hi everyone.

Has anyone had luck with 64-bit Linux and ATI's drivers? I'm still running
Fedora6 since Fedora7 isn't quite compatible with ATI's 8.4x drivers.
(Fedora6 uses 8.39 driver). My videocard is the Radeon Xpress 200M.

I know several of you use *buntu. Has anyone using Gutsy put it on a 64-bit
system? What luck have you had in general (and with ATI specifically.)
I'm always open to switching Linux distros.

Has anyone who might be using a similar videocard experienced Fedora8?

thanks,

eah