[GRLUG] LUG Meeting (Install Fest) Wednesday October 10th from 6-8PM

Marc Zuverink mzuverink at gmail.com
Thu Oct 4 15:59:21 EDT 2007

Casey DuBois wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> The next GRLUG meeting is set.
> Wednesday October 10th.
> From: 6-8PM
> Location: 3240 Hanna Lake Industrial Park Drive SE, Caledonia
>
> http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=3240+Hanna+Lake+Industrial+Park+Drive+SE,+Caledonia,+MI&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=24.455808,59.765625&ie=UTF8&ll=42.847275,-85.580063&spn=0.085205,0.159645&z=13&iwloc=addr&om=1
>
> I am sponsoring Brats and Burgers again so please RSVP to cdubois at n-vint.com so I can make sure to have enough.
>
> After the last meeting we decided to do an install fest.
>
> I will bring my FON router some desktops and laptops to install Linux on however anyone is welcome to bring in hardware for us to play with.
> Also looking forward to seeing John's ipod with rockbox and maybe even installing rockbox on someone else's ipod.
>
> FYI the WMLUG meeting is the following week on Thursday the 18th for more info or to RSVP visit www.wmlug.org.
>
> Sincerely,
> Casey M. DuBois
> N-VINT, Inc.
> 3240 Hanna Lake Industrial Park Dr. SE, Caledonia, MI 49316
> 616-656-5500 Office
> 866-337-2686 Direct
> AOL IM: CaseyNVINT
> cdubois at n-vint.com
>
> "I think there is a world market for maybe five computers."
> - Thomas John Watson - IBM

Ive got an old ipod which is capable of running iopd linux, interested
in installing that on it, plus I too have a 5th generation iPod with
rockbox on it.  We can have all kinds of fun.

Is this install fest in anyway timed with the new Ubuntu Release?  It
so, being the Ubuntu-LoCo for Western MI contact person I could maybe
bring some shwag if it gets here in time and people are able to cover costs.

Additionally, anyone going to this meeting from the Holland area, I
would like to ride share.

--
Marc Zuverink <mzuverink at gmail.com>

"Microsoft isn't evil, they just make really crappy operating systems."
							-Linus Torvalds