[GRLUG] Ubuntu installation problem

Jorge La weeneedhelp at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 14:01:48 EST 2007

I just recently return home from active duty and bought a Presario F700. I
tried to install Ubuntu 7.10 on it, but the live CD does not boot correctly.
I tried other older distros that I had laying around the house before I
left. None of them worked except for DSL and Slax-I was kind of surprised.
After some research, I found that this laptop has ACPI problems with linux.
I'm not the only one who has problem with Linux on this laptop.

I even try to boot with noacpi and acpi off but it still does not boot
correctly. Single user and failsafe mode does not boot also. I am very
confused. I can install Ubuntu with the Alt installer, but I can not log in,
text or GUI mode.

any help? (I got home 3 days after the install fest :-/)