[GRLUG] Monitor Sleeping, Sorry, My first Post...Ever

Adam M. Erickson erickson.adam.m at gmail.com
Wed Nov 21 08:59:45 EST 2007

Well actually my second, my first time it was in RTF on accident,
really sorry for the mess that posted.

THis is going to sound like a low tech solution but somethimes that is
the best fix. You mentioned that the monitor dims on serveral of the
same type of machine running Knoppix and/or XP. With/without NVIDIA
and changes to all bios settiengs you can think of.

The only other solution I can think of is that your monitor is either
shot or has a messed up energy setting. Have you tried replacing the
monitor and did it dim when you started the memtest?

Adam M. Erickson
--
"Catch a man a fish,
and you can sell it to him.