[GRLUG] Web filter for kids?

Justin Popa tehpopa at gmail.com
Thu Nov 8 14:26:12 EST 2007

I know everyone here is talking about why content filtering shouldn't be
needed, but I have a tip on what you can look into. It's called squid, and
it's mainly used as a proxy. You could even set up a different ruleset per
user as to what's granted. Setup is a bit tricky, but once it's set up it's
good to go. The upside is too that you can use it on other PC's in the
house. What's even more is that there are some freeware apps to check the
logs as well. We use a shareware app at our office called iam that gives us
a 1000 foot view of all traffic use.