[GRLUG] Editors

john-thomas richards jtr at jrichards.org
Fri Nov 2 13:51:19 EDT 2007

On Fri, Nov 02, 2007 at 12:51:26PM -0400, Topher wrote:
> > What about you?
> > How do you code?
> > What's your favorite editor.
>
> I've been a vim guy for about 10 years.  I used Pico before that. At work
> I code alone, with music going loudly most times.

It has never occurred to me before now, but I have never used a *nix text
editor other than vi/vim.  About fifteen years ago I cut my teeth on a SCO
UNIX box using vi.  In Linux it has always been vim.  I tried pico briefly
but it did not "feel" right, after having used vim so much.  Having to use
Outlook at work, I often look at my screen in confusion wondering why in the
world my editor put ":x" in the middle of my email.

> At home I code in the living room on my laptop, while my wife watches some
> sporting event or another.

Heh.  That is funny.  If I didn't know you, I would think you were lying
about having a wife.  Geek.  ;-)
--
john-thomas
------