[GRLUG] Linux software recommendation for mp3 player

john-thomas richards jtr at jrichards.org
Wed May 16 18:34:24 EDT 2007

On Wed, May 16, 2007 at 05:45:04PM -0400, Godwin wrote:
> On 5/16/07, john-thomas richards <jtr at jrichards.org> wrote:
> > My wife has an mp3 player.  I am looking for a simple drag & drop app
> > for her to copy files to it.  Linux recognizes the drive as a USB drive
> > and I can copy files to it.  Short of  teaching her to use the console
> > (one could wish), I need a simple gui solution.  Rox filer is sort of
> > what I am looking for but it requires that she open two instances of it
> > to copy files from one location to the other.  I am surprised that I
> > have not found an *mp3* app for this purpose.  Any recommendations?
>
> KDE?  Amarok...
>
> Gnome?  Banshee...

I intended to indicate that I do not use KDE in any way on any of my
boxes.  Both run enlightenment (dr16).

I glanced at Banshee before but only noticed that it is a music player
(which I do not need).  Now that I look more closely it is also a music
manager.  I will give it a shot.  Thanks.
--
john-thomas
------