[GRLUG] Cheap Laptop Needed

Michael Mol mikemol at gmail.com
Fri Mar 30 14:55:49 EDT 2007

For any sufficiently powerful individual or organization, the police
will do a foxtrot.

Some organizations even have their own bona fide police forces which
are dedicated to their needs.  So an organization like GRCC could
easily direct its police department to take the investigation
seriously.

And I don't seriously believe most large ISPs discard that kind of
data.  The bigger the organization, the more likely it is to hoard any
and all the data it generates.  Small ISPs, sure.  A few years ago, I
worked for one that didn't even have a way to log that kind of info.
SBC, Verizon, Earthlink and Comcast?  Not so much.