[GRLUG] laptops

Topher topher at wcsg.org
Wed Mar 21 21:50:46 EDT 2007

> Now, my linux-related question is this.  What laptops do you guys run?
> Distros?  Any brands you hate / love?  Horror Stories?  How is linux
> compatability?

I've run dell laptops for several years now because work gives them to
me.  :)  Right now I have a Latitude D620.  I've only run Ubuntu on it,
but everything I've tried has worked.  I haven't tried svideo out either,
but I've never been able to make that work on any laptop, in any operating
system.

I've had decent luck with all my dell laptops, but this one with Ubuntu is
the first combo where *everything* worked out of the box.

Topher
Manager of Internet Services
Cornerstone University Radio

------
"...I'm a man of a curious mind. I read. I also listen and when interested,
I inquire. When a man is dedicated to the search for knowledge, he may
follow his quest down many strange paths."
                         -- Louis L'Amour