[GRLUG] Penguicon laser printer

Tim Schmidt timschmidt at gmail.com
Wed Jul 11 18:53:09 EDT 2007

Hey guys...

Just wondering if anyone out there had a networkable laser printer
they'd be willing to donate to Penguicon.  There's always a need to
print things off at the last minute, either for presenters, or
schedule amendments, and the ancient SCSI-attached laser that's been
pushed into service thus far isn't cutting it.

I'd love to just purchase something like the Brother 5250DN (30ppm,
duplexing, 10/100, USB2, parallel, 250 sheet, 3 click installation
with any modern distribution (the drivers are all open and accepted
upstream)), and they're available refurbished for $150 or so, but I'm
afraid even that's too costly.  Figured I'd ask around before biting
the bullet.

--tim