[GRLUG] Nokia N800

Tim Schmidt timschmidt at gmail.com
Tue Jul 10 08:40:07 EDT 2007

On 7/10/07, Topher <topher at wcsg.org> wrote:
> I would agree on this.  Beyond that, the N800 doesn't even pretend to be a
> PDA.  The Zaurus was designed to be a PDA and didn't do well in that
> regard.  The N800 doesn't even have PDA tools like a calendar and stuff.
> It's an internet terminal.  If you always have net access you can then use
> whatever net tools you'd like, and it would probably work great.

Not to mention that the N700 and 800 require closed drivers to
function properly, relegating them to second class support from the
community right out of the gate.  I'd _much_ rather have an OpenMoko
Neo1973.  _It's_ only downside is no wifi.  That'll supposedly be
fixed in the September version.  Otherwise, it's pretty much feature
for feature on par with the N800, plus it's a phone, and cheaper.

--tim