[GRLUG] Rocks running on top of RHEL

Casey DuBois cdubois at n-vint.com
Tue Feb 13 18:56:01 EST 2007

Greg,

Thanks for all the great information, the Linux clusters are coming out
of a major oil company that uses them for seismic modeling. They will
cycle clusters 2-3 times per year and use primarily HP or SGI gear
however the SuperMicro systems I have were part of a storage array and
were not of interest to my company so I was able to pick them up for
very little $$$.

I figured that the Supermicro motherboards would be supported but was
concerned about the 3Ware controllers. I checked the systems and you are
correct the 3Ware is only connected to 8 drive bays I do have x-tra
systems and could pirate another 3Ware card but am wondering if I would
be wasting my time. I guess I'll keep a couple to play with post the
rest on eBay and keep my eyes open for the next great deal.

Casey