[GRLUG] Free FON router

Benjamin Eavey ben at eavey.com
Tue Feb 13 11:19:38 EST 2007

> Try using ifconfig, iwconfig and dhclient directly, rather than
> network manager or ifup/ifdown.

I'm comfortable using the command-line tools, and yes, it could be a
temporary workaround, but I'd rather fix NetworkManager.  I switch
between wireless networks all the time, and I don't want to type at a
terminal prompt every time I need to connect somewhere new.  I used to
do that, but never again.  :)

I'm looking for ease-of-use, and the ability to fluidly move between
networks without having to do anything at all.  NetworkManager
accomplishes that nicely for me right now, with this one exception.

It's weird, though.  I wonder what's going on with it?

Haven't really had time to troubleshoot it much.

-Ben