[GRLUG] mythtv

David Pembrook david at pembrook.net
Wed Dec 26 10:52:39 EST 2007

Joe Vanderstelt wrote:
> On Dec 26, 2007 9:44 AM, Tim Schmidt <timschmidt at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Dec 26, 2007 9:32 AM, David Pembrook <david at pembrook.net> wrote:
>>
>>> Anyone else on the list using mythtv?
>>>
>> Since v0.08
>>
>> The latest Mythbuntu _is_ incredibly slick.  I was impressed.
>>
>> --tim

> I just switch from mythdora to mythubuntu and love it. besides the
> usual tweaking I have to do with my remote, a universal remote acting
> like a PVR-150 MCE remote, Everything works great.
>
> Does anyone know of a good way to get podcast, particularly bitorrent
> podcast to integrate with mythtv?

I was poking around a bit in the file structure.. The menus should be
easy to modify. I'm not sure how hard it would be to make a module or
pass commands a shell. But if one can do that easily, anything that can
be done on the command line could easily but added.

I'm going to be poking around in the videos area myself as I don't like
how it handles them. When scanning directories, it adds every file it
finds to the list of videos. I'd like to modify it to display a list
format instead of the "icons" it uses now. I also need to look over more
of the settings to make sure I'm not missing things.

I hope the next generation MythTV will improve its media searching and
sorting functionality for those with large media libraries. I'm still
not complaining as its come a long way.

Dave