[GRLUG] Kubuntu 7.10 monitor issue

Greg Folkert greg at gregfolkert.net
Mon Dec 17 19:04:17 EST 2007

On Mon, 2007-12-17 at 18:51 -0500, Bob Kline wrote:
> On Dec 17, 2007 2:30 PM, Steve Romanow <slestak989 at gmail.com> wrote:
>         Bob Kline wrote:
>         >
>         >
>         > So the question is this.  If I wanted to run
>         > the setup software manually that is using during
>         > the installation, or, presumably, when a new
>         > device is installed,  what is it called?
>
>         I think dpkg-reconfigure xorg-server is what you want.
>
> I ran the command above and got a
> message saying that xorg-server was
> not installed.
>
> Thinking maybe it was not installed
> when the OS was installed, even if it
> was used,  I tried
>
> apt-get install xorg-server and the
> message was there is no such thing.
>
> If it makes any difference,  I am running
> a desktop version of Kubuntu,  something
> I neglected to mention in the first message.

Boy, sure would be nice if someone that knows that answer to Bob's
conundrum was around.

        sudo /usr/sbin/dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg -plow

And select your settings from there.

Oh, there are a bunch of other easy tools... but seeing as the idiot the
knows about them is such a horrible anal retentive person, I seriously
doubt you'd want to here the relatively simple and pretty easy fix.
greg at gregfolkert.net
PGP key 1024D/B524687C 2003-08-05
Alternate Fingerprint: 455F E104 22CA  29C4 933F 9505 2B79 2AB2