[GRLUG] Rants and email formatting

David Pembrook david at pembrook.net
Thu Dec 13 09:30:39 EST 2007

This whole discussion should be one on one from a list admin to the
offenders if there are any. The whole list's attention is drawn to
rants. why are we wasting the time and energy? I know other people that
have left the list simply because of the wasted time sorting out these
discussions.

The powers that be need to step in and settle things off list where
needed, on list when appropriate. Otherwise this is just one big flame,
gripe and rant session and we loose people.

Those that really really care, could devote their attention to a
modification to the list software that reformats the emails. Simple
rules; single line feeds are removed, doubles indicate a new paragraph.
HTML messages could be removed, and other annoyances removed. Hey, we
could even turn this into something constructive.

Dave