[GRLUG] Linux desktop marketshare

Greg Folkert greg at gregfolkert.net
Wed Dec 12 17:34:26 EST 2007

On Wed, 2007-12-12 at 17:11 -0500, Bob Kline wrote:
> I suspect if you're not on ulcer
> medication already you will be
> one day.
>
> Why look at that.  A top post and
> narrow lines...
>
> Bet I could get the acid really
> dripping by making part of the
> message red and part green.
>
> Xmas and all that.  And yes, Xmas
> has pagan overtones for some.
>
> Really folks,  this
> isn't that
> serious.  Nor ever in
> my life have I seen
> people so worried about
> the fluff aspects of e-mail.
>
> Someone on some ISO
> committees?

You
STILL
do
not
get
it.

You
are
sending
your
text
twice.

Once
in
your
broken
HTML.
Another
in
straight
text.

And
people
wonder
why
things
are
slow.

They
have
no
clue
that
they
are
the
problem.

Just
like
web-designers
know,
claiming
website
hosted
by
us
is
slow
when
in
fact
it
is
1+MB
in
size
with
images
and
media
and
they
are
bitching
because
it
takes
15+
seconds
begin
render
after
the
200K
external
CSS
files.

Are
you
beginning
understand
my
complaint?

hope
you
do
as
you
are
really
beginning
annoy
me.

Sending
e-mail
in
an
acceptable
format
so
that
the
reader
is
not
forced
read
it
certain
way,
is
the
most
acceptable
way
communicate.

If
you
cannot
comprehend
this
you
are
indeed
the
clueless
person
used
just
suspect
you
are.

Please Bob, this is not a Newspaper.

I'm not worried about it, just that I hate having to go back thirty five
messages just to understand your answer for the question asked in the
second reply and you are just now answering 17 layers later and actually
answer it at the top of a HUGE non-snipped non-conversational flowed
e-mail.

You claim to be interested in how people read, prove it. Get over your
pretentious self, forcing ME to have to care enough to go back and
answer your questions. If you want help, play nice and follow common
courtesy.

It is far easier to read e-mail conversations with in-line replies than
this crap you think is acceptable.

And For the record: I couldn't care less about the HTML problems, my
reader deals with it just fine. Though your mails ARE TWICE as large as
they should be. AND for reading comprehension, please just do in-line
replies and "judicious" snippage of things not related. I am asking you
because I am asking, nothing more. If you choose to ignore that request,
I'll choose to not answer any of your questions, even if I were the only
person that could help.

And again, archives will thank you much later. Also people looking
through our archives will be able to spot the IDIOT that can't chat in a
normal fashion and have to force people to read horribly formatted
messages.
greg at gregfolkert.net
PGP key 1024D/B524687C 2003-08-05
Alternate Fingerprint: 455F E104 22CA  29C4 933F 9505 2B79 2AB2