[GRLUG] Linux desktop marketshare

Michael Mol mikemol at gmail.com
Wed Dec 12 13:25:54 EST 2007

On Dec 12, 2007 1:13 PM, john-thomas richards <jtr at jrichards.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 12, 2007 at 12:55:00PM -0500, Michael Mol wrote:
> > On Dec 12, 2007 11:18 AM, Chase Bolen <chase.bolen at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > [snip broken text]
>
> What was broken?  I was able to read his message in mutt via ssh just
> fine.

This is what part of Chases's email looks like in GMail:

<DEFANGED_div class="Ih2E3d">&gt;&gt; Anyway, satellite Internet
connectivity is available anywhere satellite<br>&gt;&gt; TV is.
&nbsp;Not cheap, at about $62 a month, it is now about 1.5Mbps
down<br>&gt;&gt; and 128 Kbps up. &nbsp;I suspect there are byte
quotas for each day.
and Ineternet<br>&gt; service is typically

> > Can we please stop defanging HTML emails?  Is there *anyone* on this
> > list whose client doesn't support multi-part emails?  Any text-mode
> > Linux client maintained within the last five to ten years should work.
>
> I am not sure what 'defanging' means in this context (though I will
> google), but I am quite curious what mail clients are most common on
> this list.  Based on how text is quoted in some messages there are more
> Outlook users here than one would expect on a LUG list.
>
> BTW, are not all Linux mail clients text-based and GUI mail clients
> really just Windows apps ported?  ;-)

I wouldn't call KMail ported.

I use GMail on the Firefox operating system.  I've been known to
occasionally switch to Evolution under Linux.  At work, I use
Thunderbird (Though my work email address isn't subscribed to this
list.).