[GRLUG] WAY off topic

john-thomas richards jtr at jrichards.org
Wed Dec 5 15:45:45 EST 2007

On Wed, Dec 05, 2007 at 03:28:02PM -0500, Casey DuBois wrote:
>> I own the old classic Grinch cartoon on VHS. I want it in digital format,
>> mpg or avi or something. I have a video importer, but it's not connected
>> and it's awful to use. I could get the DVD and rip it, but I want it NOW.
>> I tried BitTorrent, and it said it would only take 36 hours to download on
>> my high speed connection.
>>
>> Anyone have it?
>
> I have it on DVD if you would like to copy.

Wow.  That was easy (cue big, red button...'that was easy...').

Lemme try.

I own an old computer.  I want it in a newer/better/faster format,
quad-core with multiple terabytes or something.  I have a keyboard, but
it's not connected (to the new box) so it's awful to use.  I could get
it online and pay for it, but I want it NOW.  I thought about building
it, but it would take too many dollars to make on my low-speed budget.

Anyone have it?

:-)
--
john-thomas