[GRLUG] SIMPLE video editing

Michael Mol mikemol at gmail.com
Mon Apr 16 11:42:49 EDT 2007

Seconded, if Topher wants to do the legwork.  AVIDemux works fine for
rearrangements and stuff.  Just be sure to rebuild your keyframes
before saving the video.

The other problem that comes to mind is the audio...I usually end up
with a video lacking audio.  I then have to open the new video with
avidemux, and "replace" the main audio track with a separately
prepared audio file.

You can pull the audio out of the existing file using mplayer:

mplayer -ao pcm:file=output.wav inputvid.avi

You'll want to open output.wav in Audacity and remove the same time
slices from the WAV file that you removed from your video.  (To this
end, keep track of the exact times of the frames you removed.)  Once
you've exported your Audacity project as a WAV (or MP3) file, you'll
be ready to import it in AVIDemux.