[GRLUG] Top 100

David Pembrook david at pembrook.net
Tue Apr 10 11:56:51 EDT 2007

I'm currently using (in no special order from the list):

Debian Sarge and Etch for hosting and web application development
OpenSuse - Desktop and host os for vmware.
ClarkConnect - Nice out of the box and easy to use firewall and content
filtering
Redhat 9 - Those boxes are ready for OS replacement but I get eons of
uptime. Learned my love of rpms there (not lol). I actually found I had
a redhat 7.3 box running as a file server not long ago. It was still
running strong. I cut my teeth on redhat 6 I think.

I have used:

fedora - no thanks
ubuntu/kubuntu - I'd rather have etch.
Mandrake - was nice, didn't go for the club approach
FreeBSD - that was a long time ago.. worked good, really felt like Unix
from school. But Linux felt better.

the rest are mainly live cd's in my "toolbox"

Knoppix - nice live cd
Mepis - even nicer live cd
Elive - cute live cd
Puppy - runs from ram, nice fast live cd.

Dave