[GRLUG] Top 100

Topher topher at wcsg.org
Tue Apr 10 10:02:16 EDT 2007

> I like apt.  Does anyone think another approach is better?  e.g., does
> anyone actually like RPM?

That's a very interesting question.  I think it's comparing apples and
oranges.  RPMs are more like DEBs.  Would debs be a ton better without
apt?  I think a better comparison would be apt and yum, or apt and
up2date, or any other of a myriad apt wannabes.  :)

I never liked up2date, and yum is the only other rpm manager I've used.  I
found it very wanting.

Topher
Manager of Internet Services
Cornerstone University Radio

------
"There's no way I know of that a body can foresee the future, but sometimes
he can read it pretty well if he knows the way folks think."
                             -- Louis L'Amour, Mustang Man