[GRLUG] Enterprise hard drives

David Pembrook david at pembrook.net
Wed Apr 4 14:01:15 EDT 2007

I appoligize for the tone of that... The real point of the comment was
that the whole thing sounded religious and you'll find people taking
both sides. It would be hard to find someone with more bias towards it
than a Linux kernel code maintainer. I'm not interested in a fact-based
argument though looking at pro's and con's is good.

That said...

While Linux software raid does not make for vendor tie in, it does make
for OS tie in. On a desktop system I want the choice of booting the best
OS for the task, my task.. That fact is overlooked in the article
because he only lives in the Linux world. I don't want Linux or Window's
software raid. Either way, those software raid setups limit my choice.

Dave