[GRLUG] Firefox 2.0 Bon Echo

Nathan Drier ndrier at gmail.com
Sat Sep 30 17:32:10 EDT 2006

What OS are you running?  It was probably user error on my part,  but after
I installed 2.0,  I couldent run 1.5.  Did you just dump in into /opt and
make another shortcut to run-firefox.py or whatever it was?  Ill have to
play around with getting them to run together when I get home tonight.  I
run Debian Sid.

~Nate

On 9/30/06, Raymond McLaughlin <driveray at ameritech.net> wrote:

> Raymond McLaughlin wrote:
>

> > I'm not sure I like the way 2.0 handles tabs, in fact I have found one
> behavior
> > that I'm pretty sure is wrong,
>
> Scratch that, I just double checked, the behavior was a coding error in
> the page
> that 1.5 let slide, but 2.0 didn't. It was my apge, I fixed the code, and
> both
> browsers work as expected.
>
> As far as my other issue with tab behavior: I opened about:config,
> searched on
> the term "tabs", noticed the integer value "browser.tabs.closeButtons",
> did a
> google on that term and found this page:
> <http://kb.mozillazine.org/Browser.tabs.closeButtons> and particiularly
> this
> part of the page:
> <
> http://kb.mozillazine.org/Browser.tabs.closeButtons#Possible_values_and_their_effects
> >

> I didn't even have to restart after changing the value to 3, to get the
> style of
> close button I'm used to. I can decide what I like, and change my mind as
> often
> as I want.
>
> 2.0 Is looking good!
>
> Raymond McLaughlin