[GRLUG] Comcast blocking outside connections?

Luke McReynolds luke at davidlagrand.com
Thu Sep 28 22:18:04 EDT 2006

I no longer have Comcast: I have JAS Networks Synchronous DSL now, out of
Battle Creek. I had Comcast for two years though, not that long ago.

I had no problems at all with IP blocking, SSH or anything like that. With C
omcast, and certainly with JAS, I've found that connectivity problems are
almost always my own dumb fault, and not the fault of my ISP. I would
suggest going into the router configuration interface and seeing what's up
there.

(Try going to 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1, and looking on Google for the
default username/password for your router.)