[GRLUG] Ubuntu Firefox/Flash problems

Nathan Drier ndrier at gmail.com
Fri Sep 22 09:38:03 EDT 2006

Hey,
New to GRLUG,  just found you guys a few days ago.  so HI!!

I had a similar problem upgrading to edgy.
Mine worked with a simple:

sudo apt-get remove mozilla-firefox flashplugin-nonfree
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install mozilla-firefox
sudo apt-get install flashplugin-nonfree
sudo update flashplugin

so basically I had to remove both firefox and flash.  Im pretty sure you can
remove firefox without losing any of your bookmarks or settings.

Good luck
Nate