[GRLUG] Data wiping / recovery / paranoia

Justin Denick justin.denick at gmail.com
Fri Sep 15 08:27:38 EDT 2006

I think the name of the prog Jorge is thinking of is called "shred" You can
even psecify how many time the data will be over written.

But in the name of security, wouldn't Flah drives be the most secure an
easiest to sanitize. With the size of theses drives now they can hold a
pretty serious amount of Data.

On 9/15/06, john-thomas richards <jtr at jrichards.org> wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 15, 2006 at 01:55:28AM -0400, Jorge La wrote:
> > ^at least you have this email to prove that you're not guilty
>
> Is *that* what it proves?
>
> :-)
> --
> john-thomas
> ------
> I place economy among the first and most important republican virtues, and
> public debt as the greatest of the dangers to be feared. To preserve our
> independence, we must not let our rulers load us with perpetual debt.
> Thomas Jefferson, third US president, architect and author (1743-1826)

In vino veritas.
        [In wine there is truth.]
                -- Pliny