[GRLUG] get back access to root

Bob Kline bob.kline at gmail.com
Mon Sep 11 17:43:48 EDT 2006

In fact,  kubuntu live will not allow you
to mount the hard drive without being
root. How do you become root on a live
CD?

Wouldn't the procedure below allow you
to walk up to any PC with Linux on it and
make changes that only root can normally
make,  and thereby enable you to trash
someone's system,  or otherwise make
changes someone wouldn't want?

Or am I missing something here?

The original issue was changing hostname,
and then not being able to log back in to a
system as root.

    -Bob