[GRLUG] Is there a Linux equivalent to network folders

John J Foerch jjfoerch at earthlink.net
Mon Sep 4 22:34:50 EDT 2006

I do my network work via ssh.  I set up ssh keys on all
(both) computers, and I use ssh-agent so that I only have to
type a password once when I first start the computer.  It is
also possible to require no password.  Tramp for Emacs
provides a transparent wrapper to work with remote files and
directories.  But Tramp handles more than just ssh.  It also
does su, ftp, and maybe other protocols.

--John Foerch