[GRLUG] Next Meeting.

Szymon Machajewski SMachaje at grcc.edu
Tue Oct 10 16:37:43 EDT 2006

Hi everyone.

I would like to suggest a monthly meeting schedule for GRLUG.
To keep everyone included we would have an alternating schedule.  Since
the schedule is alternating we can be flexible on individual meetings
and make quick adjustments.
As long as there is a main schedule to go by and plan for we should be
fine.

I propose that we start with:

Tue - 3:00pm (Nov 7) - GRCC ATC room 214 (free parking under ATC)

Mon - 6:00pm (Dec 4)

So far we have three locations to work with. (ITT, Priority Health Conf
Center, GRCC ATC).
If anyone can volunteer a space, or maybe budget some money for pizza
(or get a sponsor) we would all appreciate that.
About the sponsors, please shake your sales rep tree: IBM, HP, Oracle
... they all benefit from Linux.

I will work with Mike Mol from the GRCC Computer Club on occasional
GRLUG visits to the GRCC LUG.  This way we'll have a captive audience.
Also thank you Al Tobey for offering the Priority Health location.

Szymon Machajewski

Solutions Engineer / DBA
Red Hat Certified Engineer
Oracle Certified Associate
Microsoft Certified Solution Developer
www.grcc.edu/smachaje

On 10/5/06, Szymon Machajewski <SMachaje at grcc.edu> wrote:
> The main idea was to rotate a time for the meeting between a
> night/weekend option and 8-5 week option.  This way people who
cannot
> get off work could participate and people who need the meeting to
take
> place during work time can participate as well.

I can appropriate a nice space with projectors & sound at Priority
Health's conference center.    We're at the corner of Leonard and E.
Beltline.   Perl Mongers and XP West Michigan meet there every month.
It shouldn't be hard to get a slot for GRLUG.   I think weekends are
more difficult to get due to security concerns, but it'd be a decent
venue for weekday/work hours meetings.

-Al Tobey