[GRLUG] Torrent RSS question

Benjamin Flanders flanderb at gmail.com
Thu Oct 5 13:41:07 EDT 2006

I think that we are talking about two different things.  I was talking
about the TVrss (http://tvrss.net/) website that populated the rss
feeds.  It isn't a program that can be run.  I think you are talking
about the TV rss GTK+ program for linux.

Even using the GTK+ program I would need to install X on the server,
wouldn't I?

On 10/5/06, Michael Greene <michael.greene at gmail.com> wrote:
> Azureus, uTorrent, Democracy, etc... all have RSS integrated into them
> and are easy to use with their GUI.
> The only reason to use TVrss is if you don't have one of these clients.
> TVrss is configurable after you run it.  Unfortunately it doesn't have
> a man page or any FAQ I can find on the Internet after a brief search,
> but basically when run it will ask you the path to your bittorrent
> client executable, the URL to the RSS feed, and a regex to match.  It
> accepts any client, it just passes the URL to it.  You will want to
> look at http://btfaq.com/serve/cache/54.html for reference to the
> official client's command line parameters.  I haven't used this, so I
> can't give you explicit instructions, sorry.
>
> Michael
>
> On 10/5/06, Benjamin Flanders <flanderb at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I'm sorry,  I must be missing something, but I can't find any howto or
> > even mention of using the official bittorrent to automatically
> > download the files using rss.  I have scrounged around the TVrss
> > forums and all I can find is help for uTorrent, Azureus, Ted, and
> > Democracy.
> >
> > If you know where the instructions on how to automatically download
> > rss with bittorrent official are can you let me know?
> >
> > On 10/5/06, Michael Greene <michael.greene at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > .. why not just TVrss and official client?  Official has a headless,
> > > and TVrss was written for it.  I'm not sure why you need the fancy
> > > features of Democracy.. it was written so that you wouldn't need TVrss
> > > and Feedburner to use netcasting with rss enclosures.
> > >
> > > Michael

> > --
> > Share and Enjoy

Share and Enjoy