[GRLUG] anyone have a dictionary?

Matt Michielsen mattmichielsen at gmail.com
Mon Oct 2 15:09:39 EDT 2006

I agree that controls engineering is one of the most fun aspects of
computer science.  The only problem with doing it in the real world
is that a lot of your coworkers won't be computer science type
people.  Automation has been getting more and more PC based over the
years, and computer science people usually do pretty well in the
field.  I just wish the matPLC project (http://mat.sf.net/) would
take off in popularity, so I wouldn't have to deal with Rockwell and
Allen Bradley anymore.  Maybe when I get some free time I'll work on
it.  The point of this reply really is to encourage people who are
interested to check out the interesting world of controls engineering.

-mm

>>> http://grlug.org/