[GRLUG] Next meeting Dec 4th 6:00 PM at Priority Health

Szymon Machajewski SMachaje at grcc.edu
Sun Nov 12 19:30:12 EST 2006

Al,

That sounds great.  This mean the Dec 4th meeting will be at Priority
Health.
Could you please post directions?

darth_linux, could we do the next meeting at ITT?  This would be on Tue
Jan 9th at 3pm ? (normally the first Tue of the month at 3pm but the
01/02/07 may be inconvenient).

Our agenda for Dec 4th:

Linux in a AD domain - Al
Key-based SSH authentication
Which database? Oracle, MySQL, MS Access, OpenOffice Base

looking for volunteers!

On 11/12/06, Szymon Machajewski <SMachaje at grcc.edu> wrote:

> Al,
>
> Is the location reserved for the 4th?

Yeah, the venue is reserved.

Also, I think the AD presentation would be great.

Ok.    I think an intro to Kerberos and LDAP would be the place to
start.
I'll throw something together.

In one of my RedHat tests we had to connect a RedHat Directory Server
> (old Netscape LDAP) on the back-end to an AD domain ...

Ouch.   I'm looking forward to the SAMBA 4 stuff, since they decided
implement their own LDAP server so they could account all of AD's
idiosyncrasies easier.    If I talk about LDAP, it'll be OpenLDAP or
SAMBA
4.    My last experience with Netscape LDAP was in 1999.

-Al