[GRLUG] Next meeting Dec 4th 6:00 PM

Al Tobey tobert at gmail.com
Wed Nov 8 11:41:48 EST 2006

On 11/8/06, Szymon Machajewski <SMachaje at grcc.edu> wrote:
> According to our previous plans the next meeting date is Dec 4th 6:00
> pm.
>
> The agenda:
> Linux in a AD domain
> Key-based SSH authentication
> Which database? Oracle, MySQL, MS Access, OpenOffice Base
>
> We need presenters and a location.  Al, did you have an option at
> Priority Health ? darth_linux how about ITT?
>
> Thank you.
>
> Szymon Machajewski
>
> Solutions Engineer / DBA
> Red Hat Certified Engineer
> Oracle Certified Associate
> Microsoft Certified Solution Developer
> www.grcc.edu/smachaje

Sorry for procrastinating.   I just put in the request to reserve the
PH conference center.

I can demo Oracle XE on Ubuntu, or do an abbreviated version of my
MySQL talk I wrote for GR.pm.

If people are interested, I did a minimal AD integration for all of
our *nix hosts at Priority Health about 1.5 years ago.    There are
varying stages of integration, from simple password checking up
through full AD domain membership.    We started out with the
simplest, which is really, really easy.

Once the room is solid and an announcement message is crafted, I'll
forward it to GR.pm and have somebody else send it to the Oracle
users' group.

-Al Tobey