[GRLUG] Novell, having fun are we?

Ron Lauzon rlauzon at gmail.com
Sun Nov 5 04:57:30 EST 2006

Greg Folkert wrote:
> Also, based on my experience, Linux DOES run better as a hosted OS (in
> Windows) than Windows running as the hosted OS (on Linux or Windows). It
> boggles my mind as to why, though I do have a good idea why.

It depends on what you are doing with your hosted OSs.  I have found the
opposite: Windows runs better in a VM than having the whole computer.
But then, I only fire that VM up every so often to test some Microsoft
thing (or to swipe a codec dll).

> And, yes Szymon, you are right, Microsoft just legitimzed Linux and they
> don't even know they signed thier own death warrant.

Microsoft did that back during the anti-trust trial when they admitted
that Linux was a competitor.

--
Ron Lauzon - rlauzon at acm dot org
   Homepage: http://7lauzon.home.comcast.net/

   DNRC: Lord of All Things That Are Fattening

   "To be sure, conservative radio talk show hosts have a built-in
   audience unavailable to liberals: People driving cars to some
   sort of job." - Ann Coulter

Microsoft Free since July 06, 2001
Running Mandriva Linux 2007